With new methods for hiding posts, brands will need to reconsider the types of content they publish if they want to stay in front of users.
Instagram has introduced two new features to give users more control over what they see in their feeds.
Indicate that you are not interested. The ability to mark multiple posts in the Explore section as Not Interested is the first feature. Those posts will be hidden, and users will not see anything similar in the future.
What Are The New Instagram Updates For Users?
Emojis, phrases, and keywords The second new feature allows users to tell Instagram that they do not want to see suggested posts with specific words, phrases, or emojis in the captions.
View more of what you desire. Instagram suggests some best practises for seeing more posts you’re interested in.
- Favorites enable users to see posts from their favourite accounts appear higher and more frequently.
- Followers will limit your viewing to posts from accounts you follow. Users can access content from the last 30 days.
- The Not interested feature can be used to immediately remove posts from your feed. By clicking on the particular option you can also be get into by hitting the three dots in the upper right corner of the Instagram post.
- Snooze Suggested Posts allows you to pause all suggested posts in your feed for 30 days.
- Changing sensitive content. Adjusting sensitive content allows users to see more or less of certain types of content that Instagram deemed sensitive in accordance with their Community Guidelines.
Why Do We Care?
Users of social media dislike being bombarded with advertisements or promotions, especially if the content isn’t useful or relevant. These new features give Instagram users more control over content that they find irrelevant, overly promotional, or spammy.
Advertisers and brands using Instagram to promote their content should reconsider the types of posts they publish. Followers are more likely to engage if the content is relevant. Brands should examine their Instagram statistics to determine whether the content they’re posting is well received by their target audience.
What Is In Charge Of Your Instagram Feed?
“When it comes to the order of images and the videos on the Instagram feed. It will be characterized by the best of your interests in the topic, and your link with the person posting, and the post’s suitability. Instagram examines your previous social activities to define your potential interest.
What Became To The Instagram Feed?
Instagram is developing a new full-screen Home feed with additional video content suggestions. Posts on the main feed, as on TikTok, will take up the entire screen, and users will need to swipe up to move on to the next post. In the main Home feed, we’re testing a new, immersive viewing experience.
Why Is My Instagram Different In 2022?
What will the new Instagram layout be in 2022? Reels now take precedence on home feeds, and both video and photo content has been reorganized to take up more screen space. Everything is longer, however postings that aren’t converted to the new 9:16 ratio have a hazy edge in the background.
Is Instagram’s Algorithm Faulty?
Instagram’s algorithm has been altered so that just about 7% of a user’s followers can see a post. The ranking of Instagram feeds and stories is determined by how the user interacts with the platform. There is no defined method that restricts the number of followers who can view it.