What is Bounce Rate?
Bounce refers to a One page session like when a visitor clicks on your website and exits from the landing page without going on other pages. Rate Defines Percentage .In Analytics Bounce rate is the Percentage of numbers of visitors leaving just by visiting the landing page without further action .
i.e. Bounce Rate = (Number of visitors leaving the site / Total Number of Visitors)*100
Bounce Rate should be low if you will get the profit of your website by viewing more than one page of the site. But if your site is of only one page like blogs then a high Bounce rate is general.
Reason of High Bounce Rate
- Misleading of Title tag or Meta Description – First user read the title and description of the page. If title or description is deceptive then user will exit the site as he will not find the content.
- Slow to Load Page – If the loading speed of your website is slow the user gets frustrated and leaves your website .
- Technical Error or Blank Page– Your page should be filled with information and error should not be found otherwise you will lose your visitor.
- Single Page Or Affiliate Landing Page – If you are on only one page then automatically your bounce rate will be high.
- Bad or Obnoxious UX – If your site is complicated and unorganised Structure then the user will leave your page and bounce rate will increase at that point.
- Bad Backlink from another website– Irrelevant backlink from the site where there is no relation between those 2 sites then the user seems it inconveniences.
- Low Quality and Under optimized Content– If your content is not good and in an unorganised way then the user will leave the site.
These are some factors due to which Bounce rate of your website increases. So keep these points in mind and make a user friendly website.
Exit Rate v/s Bounce Rate
There is one major difference in Bounce rate and exit rate-
Bounce rate is the percentage of the visitor leaving the site from the landing page.
But Exit rate is the percentage of the visitor leaving the site from the particular page.
For example- Someone click on your website and come on the first page that is landing page but he didn’t continue and leave the page . This is called bounce.
But let’s say he continues visiting the site and goes on the second page of the site. After reading the page he leaves the page. That is called the Exit and increases the exit rate of Page B only.
As That person didn’t leave the first page so the bounce rate of page 1 will not increase and also he has not directly come on the second page so the bounce rate of page 2 will also not increase.
Some Points to Improve Your Bounce Rate
- Improve Loading Speed- As we know that online people are agitated. They can’t wait to load your page.
To know the speed of your page there is a tool “Page Speed Insight ”. Just enter the URL and know the speed of your page. If it is low that means there is a need to speed up your website.
But this tool is not that much helpful. So I suggest checking the “opportunities” of this tool.
Now you have the points where is a need to change –
- Fast Hosting Provider
- Compress images
- Delete the unused scripts and plugins.
2. Your Content should be readable/ Easy to read- If you post stuffy content with no space then the reader will not be able to read it properly and leave the website . That means the bounce rate will be so high.
To remove this problem –
- Use white spaces in your content.
- Large paragraphs should be skimmable.
- To split the content make subheadings.
- Font Size should be 15-16 px.
3. Use YouTube Videos on your Page- It is proved that pages with videos have a low Bounce rate in comparison to videos without Videos. People stay more time on the page with videos.
It is not necessary to put your video on your page. You can put any videos relevant to that Topic.
4. Use Internal Links- Use of Internal links means that there is a way to reach on another page of your website.
Visitors can easily find the content which they need. Visitors once click on it then will have no bounce.
5. Use of Table- When you use long content then the user finds it more difficult to find the content which he is searching.
Instead of long content if you use table then it will be easy for the user to just click on the link and reach on the needy content.
6.Link to Related Articles and Post- It is just like interlinking but by this approach you can give the user what he wants next after reading your Post.
So use the Articles and Post related to your concept and according to the searches of users. It will help to decrease your bounce rate.
7. Improve Mobile UX- As we know most of the people use mobile so make sure that your site is properly working on mobile and tablets.
To know this use the tool “MobiReady”. This tool is free and you can test your website in all the device’s views. Then check that all information you are providing is clear and working in mobile and tablets.